A little light info to get us all started on Valle D’Aosta:
462 hectares covers the total regional vineyard including quality wines, table wines & table grapes
Dedicated to Quality
Of the total vineyard, 300 hectares are dedicated to producing grapes for Quality wines.
% DOP / IGP
Based on 2013 figures, an estimated 65% of wines produced in Valle D’Aosta are according to EU DOP Quality standards. The region produces just one *1 DOP / DOC wine. There are no IGP classified wines, so Table wines account for the remaining 35% of regional output.
As always, a number of the regions native grape varieties are used only for blending purposes. That said, we’ve listed those grapes which we understand are available as mono-varietals or which are important blenders. Naturally, as we make our own discovery, we’ll update these lists.
NERET DI SAINT VINCENT
VIEN DE NUS
All data is intended to be for indicative purposes only due to the variability from vintage to vintage. But we do try to keep ourselves ‘reasonably’ updated :)